The Richmond Chapter of NAAAHR is a certified chapter of the National Association of African Americans in Human Resources. NAAAHR is a national organization whose focus is to serve as a network, resource and forum for African American Human Resource professionals. Membership in the organization is open to any HR professional, line manager, consultant or student working in or studying the field of HR and affiliated disciplines. While many members are also active in local SHRM chapters, the OD Network and ASTD, membership in NAAAHR is a value-added resource for professional and personal development.
The Richmond Chapter exists to provide a local forum where African American human resources practitioners can share and gain information and provide leadership on issues affecting their individual career, and the quality of work life for other African Americans promoting the human resources profession. Listed below are the goals of the Richmond Chapter:
- To establish a local network with national ties to serve as a forum for human resources professionals.
- To conduct, monitor, and disseminate research and analyses on major workforce issues.
- To influence the platforms of local, national, and international organizations which influence career opportunities and work life.
- To establish a mechanism to monitor legislation and other factors that affect human resources professionals and to develop strategies which effectively represent membership interests.
- To provide conferences and seminars which inform and advance the professional development of human resources practitioners.
- To provide services that support members’ needs such as: local and national directories, job listing databases, newsletters and a website.
- To serve as a resource to individuals interested in entering the human resources profession.
I encourage you to consider how you could become a part of the chapter. We welcome individual and corporate memberships, as well as corporate sponsorship of our local activities. Please feel to check out the NAAAHR website, www.naaahrrva.org for more information.
Robert “Bob” Franklin, SPHR,SHRM-SCP
President, NAAAHR Richmond Chapter